Sugar Bean Stew
- 2 cups dried sugar beans, washed and soaked for 6 hours or overnight in water
- 1 teaspoon Karinga Hot Curry Powder
- 1 tablespoon Karinga Beef Usavi Relish Mix
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 1 tomato, finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, pressed
- 1 sprig fresh parsley, finely chopped
- Salt and pepper
Drain the soaked beans through a strainer over a bowl. Place the beans in a large pot, add salt and enough water then bring to a boil on medium-high heat until beans are cooked through. Remove beans from pot.
In the same pot, heat oil and add onions and garlic. Cook until translucent and fragrant. Then add Karinga Hot Curry Powder.
Add tomatoes, salt, pepper and allow to simmer for another 2 minutes.
Return the cooked sugar beans to the pot and stir in Karinga Beef Usavi Relish Mix. Add some water and allow to simmer for another 15 minutes, stirring occasionally.
Prior to serving, stir in chopped parsley and serve over bread.
+263 (0242) 480 301-2
+263 (0242) 487 824-5
Thornville Marketing (Private) Limited
4 Loreley Crescent Msasa